Saturday 2 November 2013

Back at it

Well the big storm hit us fare and square, our greengage tree is no more, and the stable roof took a hammering, but on the upside I have managed a trip to the stour for the first time in a month, only for a couple of hours, but it was a real breath of fresh air in more ways than one, it was blowing a hoolie.
The river was quite high an colored so I opted to fish cheese paste with a two swan link, my first swim was in between two bushes and can hold some good fish at times, I gave it half an hour but nothing was happening so I decided to move back to the car park swim.
Upstream ledgering is a favorite of mine, and this swim is made for it, a short upstream cast to the edge of a snag, the bait settled on the gravel for a few seconds, a small pluck and the line fell slack, how the hell did I miss that, I made another cast to the same spot and within ten minutes the tip showed signs of life just edging forward a little, I hit it straight away and a strong powerful fish headed for the snag, heavy pressure steered her away and into open water, then once again it made another bid to reach the snag, side strain moved the fish away once more and this time the net was readied, she went in first time, not a huge fish at 5lb 10oz,but pristine and powerful . Its good to be back, I hope it will last.
Its a good one

2 comments:

  1. Well done mate. Good to see you out and about doing what you love best. You can't keep a good chub angler down for long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers peter, it's still a struggle, can only manage close to the car swims.

    ReplyDelete