Sunday 15 September 2013

Worm Krill

I decided to have a couple of hours on a really quiet stretch of the Stour last evening to see how the chub population would react to the new bait, I baited two swims with chopped up worm krill boilies as it was only going to be a short session. Normally half a dozen or so would be prepared for a longer stay. Back in the first swim a cast was made to the far bank snag, from the off tiny little taps which most people assume are small fish showed me the chub were around and already on the bait, in no time a stocky chub of 5lb 7oz was on the bank, a good start and with the prospect of a few more, I introduced a little more bait, little and often is the key to success. half an hour or more had passed without any signs of another fish which surprised me to say the least. Then it appeared from under the willow where my bait was, a huge dog otter, great! That was it, a move to the other swim some fifty yards above me was made, as I cast out the bait to the gravel run in stream a huge swirl caught me by surprise, I don't believe it the bloody thing had followed me upstream. As I wandered back to the van a little miffed about proceedings, I was comforted by the though the chub were straight onto the new bait, and I'm sure it will catch me a monster in the not to distant future. some from a previous trip

No comments:

Post a Comment